Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Geocoder Connection

TFelop
6 - Meteoroid

I have a mapping workflow written but my "Street Geocoder" tool needs connection to the geocoder. I have the external hard drive with geocoder, drive time engine, maps, etc.. How do I enable the use of these programs/information?

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you received your spatial data fulfillment from Alteryx via mailed hard drive (as opposed to downloading) then you must install the data from that hard drive before it can be used. This is similar to the Guzzler and Allocate data installations if you are familiar with those. 

You can install it on a local disk of your Alteryx Designer workstation (generally better for performance), or perform a network installation where you install it on a local network (convenient for multiple licensed users). 

Once the data has been installed, when you place the Street Geocoder tool on the canvas, the dropdown at the top should list the data you've just installed. 

Rlavelle
6 - Meteoroid

Do you have an Alteryx geospatial license?  If so the geocoder tomtom data resides in the following areas for each tool under "Address"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Alteryx\DataProducts 

You should see the following folders:

Alteryx Map

Calgary

CASS

Content

Explorer

Guzzler

Installer

Portfolio

ZIP9CODER

Labels