Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Geocoder Configuration Issue - After Install, Resource Not Found

JamieO
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have a project that requires converting addresses to latitude/longitude and am trying to use the Street Geocoder tool. Here's what I've done so far:

1. I’ve logged in to licenses.alteryx.com and downloaded the US CASS info required to use the Street Geocoder Tool (CASS_2020_02.exe)JamieO_0-1585849397385.png

2. I’ve extracted the file and run AlteryxDataInstall.exe successfully with no errors
  3. When I go to configure the Geocoder tool after restarting Alteryx, I don’t get any option for the CASS info, and when I try to use the Geocoder tool it says no datasets are available
    JamieO_1-1585849397401.png

4. I’ve reinstalled the dataset and restarted my PC twice
  5. I’ve searched Alteryx message boards and haven’t found any post with this issue

Am I missing a step? Do I need a separate license to use this tool? Any help, ideas, or referrals are greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Cass is a separate dataset, you will also need to install a dataset like tomtom to use the street geocoder.  There is also a spatial license involved....so you may need to upgrade if necessary.  I use the Cass tool and street geocoder in tandem.  Cass standardizes the addresses so you get a higher geocode rate (see below).

ggruccio_0-1586182129519.png

JamieO
5 - Atom

Thanks ggruccio! This was totally my issue - when I logged into my licenses, it was under "Data Packages" -> "US Location Insights" ...really appreciate the help.

Krystophe
6 - Meteoroid

Hi There - Is there also a separate spatial license ? apart from the ones in the standard tool palette ?

Labels