Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Generation of date rows

atk
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

I'm quite new to Alteryx, so I'm struggling to figure out a solution to the problem mentioned below.

My dataset has columns Old_Emp_ID, Emp_ID, Hire Date, Termination Date and Extract Date. I've attached the sample dataset below.

1.  I'm trying to generate rows with a date column that originates from the hire date of an employee but ends either at the termination date (Employee status- Leaver) or the extract date (Employee status- Current) of the employee, whichever is the earliest. 

2. I've figured my way out in solving 1. But in the process, since my Emp_ID is has different variations for the same Old_Emp_ID, the date column is regenerated every time there is a new Emp_ID variation for Old_Emp_ID. I'm  struggling to generate a date column that originates from the earliest hire date of the Emp_ID and is generated until 2022-12-01

I have attached a file that contains how the date column should be generated.

Looking forward to your response! :)

1 REPLY 1
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @atk ,

Have you tried using the Multi-Row Formula to solve this?

The below post talks about how to fill in the missing dates within a range. Hope this points you in the right direction.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Row-Generator-Add-Rows-for-Missing-Dat...

Best,

Jagdeesh

Labels