Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generating invoices using reporting tool with invoice data

ck2019
9 - Comet

Hi everyone

I've not really used the reporting tool, but I can see a good use to generate some invoices that we need for compliance purposes.

If I have this data in my data set:

Invoice NumberInvoice DescriptionSupplier NameAddress Line 1Address Line 2,Post code
1abcsupplier a123 alteryx laneAlteryx TownA17 RYX
2defsupplier b124 alteryx laneAlteryx TownA17 RYX

If i want a section with the last four columns in a document as one section of report text, invoice number in another section, and invoice description in another section, could someone help me understand how exactly I do this?

Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ck2019,

The reporting tools should be able to give you a layout like you are looking for.  Do you have a mock-up of what you would like to the output to look like?

If you want examples of what the reporting tools can do, look at some of the solutions to Weekly Challenge #191 as there are several reporting tools required to solve this challenge:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-191-BINGO/td-p/495204

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ck2019 

Here's a basic workflow to get you started.  

w.png

The output looks like this with one record per page.

r.png

Dan

ck2019
9 - Comet

Thank you Dan - really appreciate that. It all makes sense now and will help me build out the real thing!

chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I've used this as a template but because I have more than one record it is duplicating the output. (see attached)

Any idea how to stop this happening? Also is it possible to separate it in to individual PDF documents per supplier instead of it being continued on to the next page of the same PDF?

Thanks

Labels