Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Generated a PDF with Thai languages but the ouput does not have any thai word in it.

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Hey guys,

I wanted to generate a letter with Thai words in it. However when I generate the letter out into PDF format, it only shows the messages in blocks.

JinOnn_0-1627881080370.png

However, when I generated it in word document, it was fine!

By the way, I used Report Text tool to generate the content of the letter and I used render to generate the PDF output.

Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @JinOnn ,

Can you share your workflow ?

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Hey Jean,

I can't really share the workflow because it contains some sensitive information.

Do you have any advice on the Render Tool / Report Text Tool?

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'd say that's an encoding problem, the file not recognizing Thaï characters. But I don't have any solution with those tools.

Have you tried to render in a file already existing with the right encoding ?

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

How do I encode PDF with Alteryx? Because Alteryx can generate thai characters into word doc and excel.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I don't think you can ! My idea is to create a PDF encoded as needed then render into this PDF. Not sure it works but can be tested.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @JinOnn 

Can you create a simple dummy workflow that writes some generic Thai text to a pdf and post that?  

Dan

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Hey Dan,

Attached is a sample workflow.

The thai words are shown if you select temporary PDF. But if I select "Choose specific output file" and select a PDF output, then languages will appear as unknown boxes.

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Hey Jean,

I have created a dummy workflow as attached.

Let me know if you are able to test your idea out!

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Hey Dan,

Any updates?

Labels