Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generate rows, value did not change after the loop expression

fangyi189
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I'm facing this error where "The value did not change after the loop expression. Do you mind taking a look at my configuration? 

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13
Prakash_A
5 - Atom

Error: The value did not change after the Loop Expression.

*Note: I have given correct expression as mention ur solution but am still getting same error msg

please tell me anything else needs to be Checked?

Michal
9 - Comet

The end date likely has some null values. If you replace the null values in End Date with today's date (DateTimeToday) or some date in the future, it will work.

Satoshi2
5 - Atom

I think this error will occur if it contains data that does not affect the expression(causes an eternal loop), or if there are null.

How to check I think: The next data after the last data "Generate rows" was able to generate contains the error factor.

rogerfed2603
5 - Atom

Hi all,

Struggling with a similar issue. In the below table, there are missing months (May 2020 and May 2021). I want to generate rows for these months, and i want to use the "value" from the previous month for this new row.

Would be grateful for someone to help!

Thanks!

rogerfed2603_0-1676565645758.png

Labels