Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generate email notification issue

harsha_rappan
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have been trying to generate email notification for the below use case, i have been unsuccessful so far, any help is truly appreciated.

Here is my use case:

This is a sample set

Ecom_Order_IdNet_Sales_Amtfull_net_sales_amtnet_sales_amt_diff
3510631497.531498.08-0.55
24132988.8889.38-0.5
59512169.54170.54-1
1569870129.93-129.93
16560691.0293.02-2
14821533.0134.01-1

The sample output is from a database, it is not a file output, i connected to teradata and wrote my sql query to generate this sample output.

I want to be able to generate the output from terdata via alteryx and email this output as an attachment.

1. I am able to connect teradata to alteryx and generate the result/output

2. i connected the table tool to the input tool to pull the data to a table tool

3. I then connected the table tool to layout tool to combine all the records together.

4. I then connected the layout tool and chose combine all the records from the drop down of layout tool

5. When i choose combine all the records and run the workflow, the layout tool does not return results or output

6. i had to choose each individual records and run the workflow and this returned the results or the output data

7. I connected the email tool to the layout tool since it returned output data.

8. I am getting multiple emails, if my output has 10 rows, i am getting 10 emails, each email for each row.

9. How do i set the tool or the workflow to email the entire output in just one email?

10. I have tried various options and i have been unsuccessful so far.

11. I am facing this issue only if the output is coming out of a database, if i try to email a file from my local machine, it is working just fine and i am getting the email as needed, i think the problem is when the output is from a database.

Any help is truly appreciated.

Regards,

Harsha Rappan

1 REPLY 1
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @harsha_rappan 

You should be able to do this using just a Table and Email tool. If your Table tool is outputting more than one record (i.e. creating multiple tables) then you may need to uncheck any selected values under 'Group By' within the tool configuration.

Once the Table tool is configured to output a single table the rest of the process should be fairly simple.

-----
If I've solved your problem please consider marking this solution as accepted. Thank you!

Labels