Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generate date for given months

bigdatadan23
5 - Atom

Hello all,

I am trying to work through a formula on Alteryx that would generate a date for given months. The example would be that I need to make sure that a report that is made in the months of June, July, and August are approved in the month of September, specifically the 3rd Monday of the month. I currently have a column that generates the third Monday of the following month as the procedure for the other months is for example if a report is for November, then it would have to be approved by the 3rd Monday of December. 

There is a column named statement date which has the month when the statement is generated, and a column named TimelyApprovedDate, which is currently generating a date for all months including September.

I tried to run this formula but got null cells "if DateTimeFormat([STATEMENT_DATE],"%m")=6 then DateTimeFormat([c_TimelyApprovedDate],"%m")=9 else "error" endif".

I'm a complete newbie to the program so I apologize if my thought process is all over the place. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

It looks like your formula needs tweaked a bit.

if DateTimeFormat([STATEMENT_DATE],"%m")=6

then DateTimeFormat([c_TimelyApprovedDate],"%m")=9

else "error"

endif

The issue is with your second line then DateTimeFormat([c_TimelyApprovedDate],"%m")=9

The =9 at the end of this line is what is causing the problem. The "Then" part of the formula should create a value that will populate the column specified in the formula tool.

Labels