Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Generate Rows for missing dates in the month

yeojy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All - I am looking at generating rows for dates that are missing from the month.

for e.g. the input file has dates from 1may to 23 may currently, is there a way for Alteryx to generate rows for 24may-31may and populating the data from 23may?

if i were to update that input file such that it has data from 1may to 25may, Alteryx will then generate rows for 26may-31 may and populate the date from 25may?

9 REPLIES 9
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @yeojy the Generate row tool is perfect for this scenerio you can even feed in fields so the date caculations are dynamic just as you set out in your scenerio. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@yeojyas @JosephSerpis mentioned you need to use the Generate Row tool

binuacs_0-1653511891976.png

yeojy
6 - Meteoroid

hi

yeojy
6 - Meteoroid

hihi @binuacs thank you so much! i tried using your method but i do have other data and there are NULL in some of the rows, which is causing the loop expression to not work. and is there a way to not use the summarize tool?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@yeojy Can you provide some sample records and expected output file?

yeojy
6 - Meteoroid

hihi attached sample.xlsx is the raw report that i work with, while the sample(desired output).xlsx is the desired output that i wish to have. so assuming the raw report that i have has data till 26may, i should generate new rows up till 31may with the data of 26may.

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

This will do it:

Christina_H_1-1653563363415.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@yeojy Another way of doing this without the summarise tool

binuacs_0-1653599067585.png

yeojy
6 - Meteoroid

@Christina_H @binuacs thank you so much! both works, but I have only one more problem which is that I have 2 different ID for the same Name, so using what both have provided, it only creates the data for one of the ID and not both, any suggestions to how i can achieve that? have attached the sample and desired output again, Thanks in advance!

Labels