Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Generate New Row, Summing Data Above

aurorab
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm creating a journal entry that will clear out the balance of the GL strings and puts the net amount into it's own GL string. This will have to be done for each customer that is located within the data.

I have multiple customers within my data set. I am trying to insert a new row that sums up the Debit and Credit columns for each customer and if the total is a positive, I want to have the sum be located in the credit column. If the total is negative I want to have the sum be located in the debit column. 

I'm guessing that I'll have to use the multi-row formula, but I am definitely stuck on how to write this expression. I also was thinking about filtering out each customer and then using the multi-row formula to insert the new row, then combining all the data at the end.

I've attached a clip of what my actual workflow looks like for a small part. In the attachment there are 4 companies. I know that I'd like my final workflow to show 4 additional added columns, one each after Korea Limited ( DR balance of $64,063.20) , Taiwan LTD(DR balance of $469,804.46) , Nordic  Components AB (DR balance of $639.03) and Components (DR balance of $330.05). 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@aurorab 
I am not very clear with what you need here, hope its somehing like below.

Capture3A.PNG

MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @aurorab ,

@Qiu 's example looks good. Here is another possible way leveraging the Running Total tool.

MichaelSu_0-1626739136437.png

Thanks,

Mike

Labels