Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Gallery workflow pulling old data

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow on the gallery.  The workflow is meant to use the latest data, but for some reason the results keep showing last years data, like the data has been cached. 

I have deleted the source data and it still runs showing result of last year. How can I clear my workflow of historical data and run this again? Or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

S7

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sam7 ,

when the workflow was published was it loaded to the gallery using an exported workflow? If so, was that data source tagged as an asset? In which case it would have been loaded with the workflow and therefore it won't pull the new data, but will basically only keep the data you loaded with it.

Try going into the workflow, exporting it from designer (Option->Export Workflow) then checking the assets you need such as macros etc, but ensure the data source are NOT checked.

Publish this to your gallery and it should then run the data sources as if you were running it fresh each time.

M.

Bulien

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@Sam7 

Also, if your inputs are pointed at LAN folders and the address is the mapped drive the gallery will not know what that means UNLESS it has the exact same drives mapped to the same letter.

If it doesnt, it pulls a copy of the file in instead of actively connecting.

Sam7
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for this, this is great and I can see why this is causing the error. 

When I go to Export Workflow, I tick on the actual workflows required and ignore all the files.  When I go back to this area, they all say MISSING next to them. Is this correct?

When I run this workflow on the Gallery it says to of the files are missing? 

Sam7_0-1638373068626.png

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sam7 ,

this is because it can't find the location of those files from the server. This is because it can't find the E: drive location, or that location is given a different drive letter when accessed from the server.

You can use UNC pathing to get round this, or change the folder location to match the correct location when accessing from the server.

M.

Bulien

DanielG
12 - Quasar

I had put an idea out on the Server Ideas page (though I think it is really a designer idea, so maybe it can be moved) this past summer and it doesn't look like it has gotten much traction, so I will post a link here to maybe get some of the "Designer users" that happen across this thread with similar questions.

It is about having a pop-up or flag alert the developer on Save/Save As that there are relative paths being used in the workflow, instead of UNC.  This could cause major issues if you are putting something into production, as noted by @Sam7 's original post.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Alert-user-that-Relative-Path-is-used-before...

Labels