Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Gallery Alteryx issue

areeba
8 - Asteroid

Hello ,

My txt file is 13,8mb . So whenever I upload this file in gallery it gives a pop up message as : File Upload Error (Requested File is either too large or the format is unsupported).

I am uploading the file with File browse tool.

Can you Please help me with this.

Regards

Areeba

3 REPLIES 3
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@areeba on another thread, there is some conversation about file size. @KaneG saved the day on that one so he might could help here too.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Max-File-Upload-Size-on-Private-Gallery/...

My question would be around the incorrect file type part of the error. Is the input setup to accept text files? By this I mean is it expect CSV or EXCEL and can't process the .TXT file correctly?

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
areeba
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Treyson ,

My input file is in txt format but it has been accepted as csv format separated with semi colon.
I am using File Browse tool for uploading the input file with the Arbitrary File Specification : Text Files (*.txt)|*.txt|All Files (*.*)|*.*
Please see screenshot of my workflow for better understanding.

areeba_0-1602937271471.png

Can you suggest how should i resolve this problem with these specifications.

Regards
Areeba

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@areeba 
@Treyson  has provided good idea I think.

I think Alteryx treats the txt file as CSV, tihs should not be the problem.

Maybe you could consider to split the txt to a few so it will be too big.

A simple local workflow should get the work done in seconds.

Labels