Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

GRANT SELECT for Oracle Ouput

sbaker
8 - Asteroid

I created an Oracle table as an Output under my Oracle user.  I am able to see the table and its data & properties in Oracle.  I am not able to query it.  Oracle told me that Alteryx must grant my user permission.  I attempted the following as Pre Create SQL and Post Create SQL in the configuration.  I received the typical error - ORA-00942: table or view does not exist.  Is is true that Alteryx needs to grant permission; if so, how is it passed?

GRANT SELECT, INSERT on MyUser to MyTable

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Try this:

GRANT SELECT ON TABLE MyTable TO MyUser

GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT ON TABLE MyTable TO MyUser

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
sbaker
8 - Asteroid

Thank you MarqueeCrew.   It turns out the error had nothing to do with Alteryx.  I specified Alteryx to create a table name using lower cases.  Oracle table names should be upper case.  I changed the table name to be all upper case and queries work fine.

DavidAngevine
7 - Meteor

i appreciate this post.   I had a similar problem in Teradata and the table was not available for me to read.  After reading this post, I changed the select statement to UC.  Then, I was able to read from Teradata SQL application, and no more changes were needed in Alteryx.

Since I defined the table create as UC in Teradata, it could only be read in as an UpperCase name as USERDB.TABLENAME.  

Thanks for sharing and this may be true for other SQL environments.

Labels