Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

GET REQUEST FOR VERIZON/YAHOO API DOWNLOAD ERROR (BAD HTTP CONTENT OR TRANSFER ENCODING)

trocha
5 - Atom

I am connecting to the Verizon Native API v2 to grab basic reporting data. I've successfully set up the API call within alteryx all the way up until the point of actually receiving the data itself. The response from that call is a URL that has the query results in csv format.

Copying and pasting the URL directly into the browser works perfectly (immediately downloads the CSV). Trying the same request in Postman also results in a flawless execution. However when I run the same request in alteryx I keep receiving the following error (Unrecognized or bad http content or transfer-encoding) from the download tool. I've tried many different request headers and nothing seems to work. 

trocha_3-1626288289192.png

trocha_2-1626288274861.png

trocha_1-1626288206574.png

trocha_0-1626288085605.png

4 REPLIES 4
bharatandalam
8 - Asteroid

Hi @trocha 

Firstly try using the to a field String option in the download tool below and check if you still facing the issue:

bharatandalam_0-1626321328648.png

Secondly, check if your username & password are correct.

Thanks,

Bharat

trocha
5 - Atom

@bharatandalam I still face the same issue when setting the output to be a string as well. Username and password within the connection tab?

bharatandalam
8 - Asteroid

Hi @trocha 

Yes, Username and Password within the connection tab

trocha
5 - Atom

I'm not sure what username and password I should be using? When I enter the URL directly in chrome it does not prompt me for a username or password.

Labels