Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fuzzy match to tag a new columns

dadachong
5 - Atom

Hi I am trying to use fuzzy match to identify whether the value of a column from one file exists in column of another file and assign a similarity score to the match result. See below for an illustration. Any idea on how to build something like this?

Thanks! 

Illustration.png

2 REPLIES 2
seinchyiwoo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dadachong,

Have you tried Fuzzy Match in Alteryx Designer?

There is already a pre-configured Company Name matching pattern that you can give it a quick try.

I've also built a workflow for your reference.

What I've done:

1. Pick "Company Name" as Match Style

2. Change the Advanced Options to below:

seinchyiwoo_0-1604458673681.png

If you click on the "Edit" next to the Match Style, you get to see multiple ways of Fuzzy Matching and for Company Name specifically - it's using Double Metaphone:

• Double Metaphone: Double Metaphone is the preferred algorithm. An algorithm to code English words (and foreign words often heard in the English language) phonetically by reducing them to 12 consonant sounds. This reduces matching problems from wrong spelling. The Double Metaphone is the preferred method for matching based on sound. It returns two keys if a word has two feasible pronunciations, such as a foreign word. For more information, see Double Metaphone.

For more about Fuzzy Match, these are some of the resources that you will find helpful:

1. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Fuzzy-Match/ta-p/45485 
  2. https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/fuzzy-match-edit-match-options

Hope this helps.

Best,

Seinchyi

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @dadachong , give this a try as well.

grazitti_sapna_0-1604468929756.png

grazitti_sapna_1-1604469071563.png

Sapna Gupta
Labels