Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy Match

Kratoulli
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

I'm struggling to map an array of data which has multiple duplicate-ish entries with some slight differences. I'm using the "mtcars" dataset as my dummy dataset and have pulled together the following workflow, yet it's not spitting out what I want it to. I want to have a list of all the inputted data on the left and the list of what it has been mapped to on the right. I know that in this instance there isn't necessarily a need to have a Fuzzy Match, and that there are most likely simpler solutions however I will be applying this solution to a large dataset which will have many thousands of rows where the names which I'm mapping are slightly different (whitespace, underscores, capitalised characters, additional details etc.). Any help would be much appreciated. 

Kratoulli_0-1635156336618.png

Thanks, 

2 REPLIES 2
vsoni
Alteryx
Alteryx

you'd need to add a 'source' column here, and use 'Merge Mode' as you want to compare two different sources. I also like to use a 'make groups' block too, as this makes it easy to group all the different varients per type (e.g. all models per manufacturer)

vsoni_0-1635158256163.png

Kratoulli
5 - Atom

Thanks for this solution vsoni, however I'm not sure it's doing exactly what it is intended to do, although I may be mistaken. It appears that it is duplicating some entries, for example AMC is split out into AMC and AMC Javelin now, Pontiac is another example of this. What I was expecting was something like the image in the previous post. A list of the inputs, with a list of what they have been mapped to. 

Thank you 🙂 

Labels