Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Andy Uttley, Alteryx ACE, makes music with Alteryx | Math + Music

Fuzzy Match "Do not generate keys" doesnot ignore keys

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hello all

I am trying to make a fuzzy match row by row between 2 company name fields and in general it is working find. I am using "Double Metaphone" method.

However I donot understand how come Id 1 and 6 doesnot find any match. I have listed "AND OF THE CO INC AS IOOO SRL FLLC CORP LLC LLP LTD GMBH KG OOO" in the Don't Generate Keys for the following words" section. But I think they are not ignored.

Can anyone help me with this?

CaptureF.PNG

Thank you

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @slckkrky ,

Attached is an example of a fuzzy match configuration with your data and also the options you have used.

Take a look and let me know if this makes sense to you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hello Fernando

Result seems to be working. However now this model is matching all possible names in same column. However I would like to make sure only 2 name column within 1 row is matched. Therefore Id field should be incorporated in fuzzy match. Don't you think so?

Imagine there is an id 7 with name1= LLC TELTACOM and Name2= TELTECUM LTD. I don't want this to match with values in id1.

Thank you

Selcuk

Highlighted

Hi @slckkrky ,

Sure, you are absolutely right! I've develop a quick example only but I've adapted to your needs.

Check it out and let me know if this makes sense to you.

BEst,

Fernando Vizcaino

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hello Fernando

However if you add name1= LLC TELTACOM and Name2= TELTECUM LTD as row 7 they still match with values in row 1. I have amended the workflow and attached which I think working fine now. However if I can come with a solution without filter tool at the end it can be nice. Any ideas about that?

Additionally

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am looking at this example and how don't 'LLC TELTICOM' and 'TELTICOM LTD' match?  Both LLC and LTD are in the Don't Generate Keywords.

Thanks,

Michael

mstoler_0-1594555506868.png

Labels