Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fuzzy Match on Codes

JTCairns
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I am currently integrating data from two different systems. In these systems there is a unique ID. In the old system this code was numeric in various lengths. in the new system they are 6 characters long and alpha numeric. i have done a fuzzy but i'm only getting 300 matches out of 5500. i have changed the threshold and nothing has changed. All codes have changed but in the new system would have numbers or letters added to the front. Example below:

Old SystemNew System
1233W01233
111P00111

I would greatly appreciate any help you lovely people can offer.

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JTCairns,

I think that you'll find more luck using the FindReplace tool.  You can tweak the configuration to get you more matches.  

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
JTCairns
8 - Asteroid

@MarqueeCrew

The issue with find replace is that i don't know what format the new code will be in so i don't have a lookup list. I think I've solved my problem - I unioned my data sources with a source column and then did a group by this gave me each code and its new equivalent i then filtered on source and joined them on ID and code. This appears to have worked well

Labels