Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy Match - need to revert back to all columns and then join

dattina2287
8 - Asteroid

hi,

i am trying to use the Fuzzy Match Tool to compare names from two files. After the Fuzzy Match is complete, i need to join the two files with all of the data, not just the fields that i'm using for the Fuzzy Match.

Below i created the record and source IDs and the Fuzzy Match worked but now i need to join both files to say if it's a match then i want to export it to one tab and if it's not a match then i want to export to another tab but with all of the original fields i had in each file before unioning them to create the fuzzy match.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!

dattina2287_2-1656431429064.png

dattina2287_1-1656431285882.png

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @dattina2287, you can use the join tool to bring back in the original data (using record id to join). The right/left anchors of the join will also indicate what did not match.

oly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dattina2287 ,

1. First your record IDs should include the source file as well. I just modified your example by editing the Formula for Source  as ""Reliance"+toString([RecordID])", or you can create  new String variable for Record ID to include the source similar way if you just need Source for filtering.

2. I used Purge method in the Fuzzy logic as it can slightly alter the algorithm.

3. Fuzzy creates duplicate records for those that matched, so you need either Summarize tool or Unique to find the unique values.

4. After the SUmmarize I use Join back to the Union before the fuzzy - the Middle J output would be matched original records. The L output will be unmatched records from the union.

oly_0-1656433326193.png

Labels