Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fuzzy Match is creating duplicate records

monish_chandra
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to match a list of ID, CPT fields which will be Exact Match and Description field as Custom in Fuzzy Match tool. The description consists of Alphabets and digits. 

I've currently set the Match Threshold to 50%. I tried to use 'Character: Best of Jaro and levenshtein distance' to check each character in the description, but it is not working as expected. In the attached workflow I have set the Match function to : Words Jaro Distance. Can you please check if the settings are correct for this scenario?

Input

RecordIDIDCPTDESCRIPTIONLocationFAC1FAC2FAC3FAC4FAC5FAC6FAC7
1378G3857DEHYDRATION INFUS 1ST HOURABC0620003412
2378G3857IV INFUSN DEHYDRATION INITIAL HRMTB2350377888000
3293G3857DEHYDRATION INFUS 1ST HOURABC076500328371278

Record 1 and 2 have the same ID and same CPT. The description also matches upto 50%. Can I have the Description for ABC and Description for MTB side by side and summarize the FACs individually. I tried to do that in the attached workflow but the Fuzzy match tool is creating so many duplicates. As per my understanding, it takes each description and looks for a similar description. In the next iteration if compares records that are already compared.  

I'd like to see the Matched records and Unmatched records as well. 

1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

The recommendation when you use the fuzzy match tool is to always follow it with a make group tool, the purpose of this is to identify all records which are linked in some way.

wts say record A has matched with record B and record B matches with Record c.

the make group tool will create a dataset indicating that these records are all linked together, and it will look something like...

A | A

A | B

A | C

You could then join your original source data to the make group tool and perform the aggregations you then desire.

This blog from Chris Love, though old, is a great video:

https://www.theinformationlab.co.uk/2014/04/02/alteryx-tools-focus-fuzzy-match-make-group-unique/

Ben

Labels