Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy Match does not return expected results

urfriendumesh
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm trying to perform a Fuzzy Match with two Inputs (Text Input) with below data.

Input-1 values = Alcoa, Australia

Input-2 values = Alcoa, Alcoa of Australia Limited, Alcoaa1

Fuzzy Match Threshold = 1% (Tried with several other thresholds descending from 90%)

When run the workflow, I'm only getting results when both matches value Alcoa of 100%. As per my understanding, it should also returns results for "Alcoa of Australia Limited" and "Alcoaa1" with at least above 50%. But, this match does not return result. Also, tried adding a value "Alcoa Aus" in Input-1 and performed a fuzzy match which returned results for match  "Alcoa of Australia Limited" with score-79.

Attached the sample workflow which I was using. Can you please let me know what went wrong with this workflow and a workflow which returns correct results.

Thanks,

Umesh

1 REPLY 1
AlteryxUserFL
11 - Bolide

The selection you chose under "Generate Keys" was not finding any more matches. Change the "Generate Keys" to "alphanumeric only (Case Insensitive)"  and you will get more results. You can also check the "Output Unmatched Records" option. 

Labels