Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy Match brings only one record

neones
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Guys,

We run an alteryx flow to compare data we have with a universe. There are fields like name, last name, city etc. First we compare one field with fuzzy match and get the records with >85% match score. Then we use fuzzy match again with another field for the <85% records and get the ones with >85%. However, each time the flow brings only one record. I put some screenshots below hoping that we can solve the issue with them because I cannot share the data at all. If we cannot solve it I will try to change the data and then share it. 

As you can see in the last screenshot, brings the matches only with the "961160" record. Maybe because that's the one with the highest score? But it should bring the other ones as well considering we kept the match threshold at 0%. 

I highly appreciate your help one this because no matter how many people try to solve it, it didn't help 🙂 

Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you also reducing the match threshold within the match fields configuration? 

The Match Threshold value that you have in this configuration is for the blended match score of all matched fields, but you also need to make sure that the match threshold within the field settings is set as you would like. I have a feeling that this may be your issue. 

match.png

neones
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have actually tried that but no luck 😞 

On the other side, deleted the related part and redesigned it and now no problem. 

Thanks a lot!

Labels