Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fuzzy Match Don't Generate Keys for the following words - word must exist in both values

mstoler
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

What is interesting about the 'Don't Generate Keys for the following Words' in the Fuzzy Match is that the word must exist in both values.

If I am trying to match 'The Test Company' against 'Test Company' and I add 'The' to Don't Generate Keys for the following words it has no effect.  What I did in the attached example is use the Find/Replace to remove 'The'.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience.  I am looking for an easy way to remove these words from both of the fields.  For now I will have to use the Find/Repace tool.

Thanks,

Michael

1 REPLY 1
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @mstoler  - I looked at your workflow and I have two comments:

1) If you add 'The' to Don't Generate Keys it has effect. You used double metaphone algorithm to code words. Also you reduced the max key length to 1. The algorithm is focusing on the word "Test" and generates the key accordingly. If you will increase the key to 3 it will be more obvious:

ArtApa_0-1594726509950.png

2) If you still want to use the Find Replace tool and Formula, it would be more optimal to apply it after the Union tool. It is better to do that once on the entire dataset, rather than on each stream separately. 

Labels