Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy Match Alphabets only and exact numbers

monish_chandra
8 - Asteroid

I built a fuzzy match service which compares the description from 2019 against 2020 and matches with the closest possible description. The description consists of alphanumeric characters. eg: in the 2019 data one of the description is as - GLOBULIN 20 GM/200 ML. It is matching with the 2020 description which is GLOBULIN 20 GM/400 ML. How can I make sure that the alphabets can be 95% match but the digits should be a 100% match. 'GLOBULIN 20 GM/200 ML' in 2019 should match with 'GLOBULIN 20 GM/200 ML' in 2020. 

I'm using the below settings

Am I supposed to use Double Metaphone instead of Double Metaphone w/Digits? Am I using the right Match function?

The expected output should be only the second row in yellow

Casfpture.PNG

1 REPLY 1

Hi @monish_chandra 

I believe you can output the 'Match Score' (when configuring your Fuzzy Match) and before you apply the "Unique" building block, you sort your data based on that Match score so it keeps the 100% matched records instead of the 96% one. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Labels