Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fund Allocations

jdkatz1
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I am trying to allocate fair values to multiple funds based on their respective allocation percentage. I have 2 separate input file (values and allocations). I am stuck at the find a replace stage where i am trying to Vlookup the company and value and multiply it by the allocation percentages. I have two output points that go to the same excel, sheet 1 will be the original data ("values" excel), and sheet 2 will be the allocated amounts by fund. 

Attached is the Alteryx and sample files

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

I'm a little confused on what you're stuck on exactly. If it's just the Multi-Field + Outputs then the attached workflow should work. If you're not storing the workflow and input files in the same place then you'll need to edit the paths in the Input and Output Data tools to match the locations you use.

aegon
5 - Atom

Hi @jdkatz1 ,

I modified your workflow a bit by replacing the append tool with join which I find more appropriate to the lookup process that you want to do. 

aegon_1-1655740432033.png
The multifield config shoud be below where CurrentField = Fund A, Fund B, Fund C multiplied by CQ Value

aegon_3-1655740936040.png

This is the first multifield ouput where I retained the original "Fund" fields. 

aegon_0-1655740327091.png
This is the second multifield tool where "Fund" values are overwritten with the calculated results.

aegon_2-1655740653594.png
You can see the multifield configurations in the attached workflow.

Hope this is the output that you are expecting.

Labels