Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fraud Detection - Banking - Brainstorming

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Morning guys!

My goal with this topic is to garner ideas and brainstorm about how to create a fraud detection analysis with transactions in a banking environment.

I have all data like client name, frequency of payment, different types of payments, banking account, TAX ID, address, etc etc.

Has anyone tried to make a similar workflow and can kindly share with me? Any ideas of what predictive and prescriptive tools should I use to make that happen?

Thanks!!!

4 REPLIES 4
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

This is a classical Machine Learning problem. Take a look into Boosted Model Tool and Forest Model. Also you should be able to find a lot of python/R Models, if you google for that, which you could implement in Alteryx. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Joker_Hazard,

This is quite a common machine learning problem. If you have data which contains labels to whether a row was fraud or not you can use Alteryx's logistic regression tool or one of Alteryx's many other ML tools to build a model which can identify and predict fraud. If you don't have labels there are unsupervised methods for anomaly detection which can be used to detect fraud. 

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

@IraWatt Thanks for comment!

Would you elucidate what is a "label"? If you may as well provide an example of unsupervised methods please!

Excuse my beginner doubt.

Thanks

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @Joker_Hazard ! by labelled I just meant that your data came with examples of what was and what was not fraud, this would let you train a model to use on new examples. There are a few algorithms to look at for unsupervised methods Anomaly Detection Algorithms: in Data Mining (With Comparison) (intellspot.com). The simplest KNN I think Alteryx has here: Find Nearest Neighbors Tool | Alteryx Help

Labels