Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formula tool

Ayaanarjun-5885
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have two different input files, I want to apply Subtraction formula between two columns from both files. How Do I do it?

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Ayaanarjun-5885,

You will need to join the two data sets with the Join Tool. There is a quick simple video on the community on the topic: Joining Data - Alteryx Community. Could you give any example data?

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@Ayaanarjun-5885  Considering you have two different input streams, you would need to 'join'  them based on a common key first. This can be done using the 'JOIN' tool in Alteryx.

Once the data streams have been combined, you can then use the 'Formula' tool to define the subtraction between the two columns. This can either be assigned to an existing column or a new calculated column.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ayaanarjun-5885 ,

this sounds like you would benefit from some introductory training in how to both join tables and how to apply formula.

A great place to start is in the learning section of the community:

Try HERE for how to join your tables or files together.

Try HERE for how the Formula tool works.

I would strongly suggest you start at the beginning with the Learning Paths which you can find HERE.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

MilindG
12 - Quasar

Is this somewhat you're looking for?

Labels