Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula to reclassify a specific "Null" Value

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

Hello, Need some help with a formula in Alteryx. I have a set of suppliers that are labeled Null and the only way I can see who the supplier is by a notation in the line description. I am not sure how to write this. If the line description contains "Tangoe" then change the supplier name/customer name to Tangoe. 

traceystone_0-1654002100209.png

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @traceystone,

Heres the formula you were looking for

IF Contains([Line Description],"Tangoe") THEN "Tangoe" ELSE [Supplier Name/Customer Name] ENDIF

IraWatt_0-1654003220232.png

However if you want a more dynamic solution does the company name always the first word in the description?

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

Thank you.. That works but I do have a deeper question. I only want to rename the "Null" supplier. The formula is renaming the "Tangoe INC" supplier as well. I need to keep them separated. The "null" is actual monthly billing. Tangoe INC is the quarterly fees that the company charges for the monthly billing. 

traceystone_0-1654004100757.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This formula has a check if null then rename:

IF Contains([Line Description],"Tangoe") AND [Supplier Name/Customer Name] = NULL() THEN "Tangoe" ELSE [Supplier Name/Customer Name] ENDIF
traceystone
8 - Asteroid

Brilliant.. Thank you

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @traceystone ! :D make sure to green tick the answer too :)

Labels