Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formula to Create New Column Based on Criteria

adamscy
6 - Meteoroid

I have a report that I created in Alteryx but need help creating a new column within the report to produce a new "Report Amount" column.  There are certain "Accounts" in the report that have amounts in the "Debit" column and others with amounts in the "Credit" column.  I would like to have a formula to create a new "Report Amount" column based off of some criteria.  I've put the information in the attached report but here is what I'm trying to do.

If the Account column = one of the below and there is an amount in Credit column then use Credit amount, otherwise put the negative Debit amount in the new "Report Amount" column. 

1.  HFM_CbCUnRelRevenue

2.  HFM_CbCRelRevenue

3.  HFM_CbC_EBIT 

4.  HFM_CbC_Capital

5.  HFM_CbC_RE

If the Account column = one of the below and there is an amount in Debit column then use Debit amount, otherwise put the negative Credit amount in the new "Report Amount" column. 

1.  HFM_CbC_TotalTax

2.  HFM_CBC_CurrentProvisionTotal

3.  HFM_CbC_TangAssets 

13 REPLIES 13
adamscy
6 - Meteoroid

Here is an example of the input file and the mappings.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @adamscy 

How's this? Looks like the data now has 0s instead of nulls so had to adjust for that. Maybe that was the issue all along?

Luke_C_0-1675451241772.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@adamscy  like @Luke_C said the workflows were not running as expected because the input file has 0's instead of NULL value, I also updated the workflow  

binuacs_0-1675454704551.png

adamscy
6 - Meteoroid

Yes this worked.  Thank you!

Labels