Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula to Combine Weekend Dates with Monday

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to add weekend dates together with a Monday date?  I am trying to combine sales for Saturday and Sunday to sales for Monday.  For example,

Saturday, July 4, 2020 + Sunday, July 5, 2020 + Monday, July 6, 2020 would equal Monday, July 6, 2020.

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BrandonS4 I mocked up a workflow let me know what you think. From your question I assumed the date format was "Saturday, July 4, 2020" please let me know if that is not the case?

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

This still works great.  However, how can I write the formula so the output is two digit month-two digit day-4 digit year??

vaishnavic
5 - Atom

If DateTimeFormat(DateTimeParse([Date],"%d-%m-%Y"),"%A") ="Sunday" then
DateTimeAdd(DateTimeParse([Date],"%d-%m-%Y"),1,"day") Elseif DateTimeFormat(DateTimeParse([Date],"%d-%m-%Y"),"%A") ="Saturday" Then DateTimeAdd(DateTimeParse([Date],"%d-%m-%Y"),2,"day") Else DateTimeParse([Date],"%d-%m-%Y") Endif

Labels