Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula to Calculate Items by Associates and Time to Account for Hours - End of Day

JacobGFMR
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a data set that looks like the following: 

CountAssociates

There is a rate per the count, and he overall goal is to determine how long it will take the 20 associates to complete the 400 items at a specific rate of 6, or so, items per hour and then determine an estimated time of day to be complete. 

The work to determine the overall output, I think, would like this:

ManagerCountAssociatesRate Amount of Time (Minutes)Estimated Time of Day Completed
Smith400207142.8142.8 minutes added to current time
John300106180180 minutes added to current time
Roger200159120120 minutes added to current time

The final output is needing to look something like this:

ManagerEstimate Time of Day Completed
Smith3:00
John3:40
Roger2:40

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @JacobGFMR ,

Are you saying the rate is the number of items that can be completed per Associate per hour? 

M.

Bulien

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @JacobGFMR 

Here's an example of a way to do this:

First we do the calculation to find out how many minutes it will take (Count/Associates * Rate)

Then, we use the datetimeadd function to add those minutes to the current time. I then used datetime format to put the time into a more readable format. 

more datetime function info

Luke_C_0-1617725915509.png

JacobGFMR
7 - Meteor

The rate is the rate the associates should be completing the items by. 

6 items per hour = rate of 10 minutes per item. 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@JacobGFMR 

Updated the formula based on that new info

JacobGFMR
7 - Meteor

This is great @Luke_C.

One last question, though.

How can I format the time to show Eastern time and not my local (Central) time? 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @JacobGFMR 

You could update the second formula to the below. I'm not aware of any functions that update for time zones. 

datetimeformat(datetimeadd(datetimenow(),[Time (Mins)]+60,'minutes'),'%I:%M:%S %p')

JacobGFMR
7 - Meteor

Great! 

Thank you very much for the help with this. 

This is exactly what I needed. 

Labels