Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula that uses user input.

Hali3
7 - Meteor

So i got some help with this yesterday but i keep getting stuck.

I need a way to ask the user for a Sales number. Once the user inputs the sales number, I want Alteryx to use that number and display it in an existing column one row down. 

7 REPLIES 7
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Hali3 ,

Try creating a packaged workflow and uploading that file cause currently your "Example" input is not contained in the workflow you have attached.

Thanks,

Angelos

Hali3
7 - Meteor

is this better?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Nope @Hali3, the input references a directory to which I don't have access to.

Screenshot 2020-10-29 150546.jpg

To create a packaged workflow, could you please follow the steps described in this thread :

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/One-Drive-Local-Path-changes-by-user/m...

Then once you have completed those, save your workflow, click on "Options" just above the tools categories and select Export Workflow. That will create a .yxzp file, which you can attach here.

Hali3
7 - Meteor

ok. does this work?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Thank you @Hali3 , yes it does work now.

So you would like your output to look something like that?

Screenshot 2020-10-29 162055.jpg

But the Actual Billed sales value to change dynamically based on the users input?

Regards,

Angelos

Hali3
7 - Meteor

yes. I would like column C to update based on user input. so if the user enters 500 for Audi, I'd like a calculation that takes column B * the user input and give me an answer. So 500*10=5,000

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

I see @Hali3 , so something like this would work?

Screenshot 2020-10-29 172214.jpg

Have a look at the attached workflow/app

Labels