Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula issue

CherylH
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Can someone please help with a formula issue?  Think it is missing ({ or something.

1st formula working:

if(Contains([Bottler Name], "ADMIRAL") AND [RB_CORP_GRP]="ADMIRAL")then [RB_BTTLR_ID] else "x" endif

2nd formula works til black words: 

if [BP Billing #]="x" AND Contains([Bottler Name],"BUFFALO ROCK" and Contains ([RB_CORP_GRP],"ROCK"),[RB_BTTLR_ID]), [BP Billing #] endif

Thanks in advance,

Cheryl 

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @CherylH 

Below highlighted might be the few issue. Where its missing syntax.

if [BP Billing #]="x" AND Contains([Bottler Name],"BUFFALO ROCK") and Contains ([RB_CORP_GRP],"ROCK")

then [RB_BTTLR_ID]

else [BP Billing #] endif

Hope this helps 🙂

dougperez
12 - Quasar

Try this:

if
([BP Billing #]="x" AND Contains([Bottler Name],"BUFFALO ROCK") AND Contains ([RB_CORP_GRP],"ROCK"))
THEN [RB_BTTLR_ID])
ELSE
[BP Billing #] ENDIF

Morgan_Thomas
8 - Asteroid

Its tough because we don't know the exact purpose of the formula but this is my best guess:

if [BP Billing #]="x" AND Contains([Bottler Name],"BUFFALO ROCK") and Contains ([RB_CORP_GRP],"ROCK") then [RB_BTTLR_ID]) else [BP Billing #] endif

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Morgan_Thomas smart use of strike through on bracket  🙂 Had never thought of it. Great trick😀

CherylH
8 - Asteroid

As soon as I type then the balance of formula goes black. 

It is all in Vstring and compare numbers to number and then I throw in the X when something does not match

What can I provide you to help explain?

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CherylH ,

Yes, use a select tool before the formula to change your number fields to be numeric (Double, Fixed decimal etc.), then make sure the formula is in the correct format.

M.

Bulien

CherylH
8 - Asteroid

Thanks this did it! appreciate the help, I mean really appreciate.

Labels