Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formula into Alteryx

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

Could anyone help me to design a flow for below - mentioned PBI formulae? you can use a sample number. Please assist me to replicate this into the Alteryx flow.

Table.Group(Source, {"Customer ID/Quarter"}, {{"Max Sales Count", each List.Max([#"Sales Count - Deal Level"]), type nullable number}, {"Min Sales Count", each List.Min([#"Sales Count - Deal Level"]), type nullable number}, {"RRR", each List.Sum([RRR FX]), type nullable number}})

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Raj
13 - Pulsar
  1. Drag and drop the "Group By" tool onto your Alteryx workflow.
  2. Connect the "Group By" tool to the "Input Data" tool that contains your source data.
  3. In the "Group By" configuration, select the "Customer ID/Quarter" field as the grouping field.
  4. Add the following three aggregate functions in the "Group By" tool:
  • Max Sales Count: use the "Max" option and select the "Sales Count - Deal Level" field.
  • Min Sales Count: use the "Min" option and select the "Sales Count - Deal Level" field.
  • RRR: use the "Sum" option and select the "RRR FX" field.
  1. Run the workflow and the output will be a new data set that is grouped by the "Customer ID/Quarter" field, with the Max Sales Count, Min Sales Count, and RRR calculated for each group.

this should work for you

Raj
13 - Pulsar

or provide the data set if errors in process

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @Raj, there is no tool as "group by", I can see the tool 'make group' which consists of only two keys

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Learner09 @Raj was referring the summarize tool, in which you will see the group by option 

Raj
13 - Pulsar

@binuacs thanks for clearing

Labels