Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula help

htalteryx
8 - Asteroid

Can you please help me with a formula to get the result on the right?  I tried an IF CONTAIN formula, but it's not working.

16 REPLIES 16
htalteryx
8 - Asteroid

I got an error.  How do I update the data type in the formula tool?  It's grayed out for me.

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

If you are changing the formula on an existing field you can't change the datatype in the Formula tool (use a Select tool before to achieve this).  If you create a new field in the Formula tool then you can set the datatype.

htalteryx
8 - Asteroid

Can you please look at my workflow I provided above and let me know how I can fix?  Thank you so much for your help and continued patience!

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Don't create Field2 in the Text Input, create it in the Formula tool :) 

see attached.

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Can you mark answer/s as correct if it provided the solution for you please ?

htalteryx
8 - Asteroid

Can I email you if I have further questions? Or should I reply to the thread?

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Always better to post in the forums :)   If you still have a problem with the formula then post here, if it's a new issue then start a new thread.

I just realised you are in Irvine as well, just down the road from Alteryx HQ :) 

Labels