Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula help needed

mrc
6 - Meteoroid

I have 4 columns of data. 3 columns are used for critieria and if met then they last column is updated in the data. I have 80 rows of data. I was entering them in the formula using the Elseif function and if the criteria was met, I added the unique answer based on that criteria. 

example:

ELSEIF [Legal Entity] = "ABC" and [State] = "Georgia" AND [Unique Identifier] = "1001123" THEN "123"

Do I have to enter a new formula for all 80 items? The Company and the result are both unique records.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mrc 

Yes, you can only have 1 action per lf or elseif line. Probably the best way to achieve what you want is to have your assignment data in a reference list and then use multiple criteria in a join tool to map the correct set of data to each condition. If you can attach your full data set with the conditions, I can show you want I mean.

mrc
6 - Meteoroid

This is what I have - 80 rows of data.  Sounds like this is they way I will need to do it. I am not sure what you are referring to but am interested if it will make it a more efficient way to update this data in my workflow.  Thank you!!

ELSEIF [Legal Entity] = "SMA" and [State] = "Georgia" AND [Unique Identifier] = "141194910" THEN "06000721"
ELSEIF [Legal Entity] = "SMA" and [State] = "Georgia" AND [Unique Identifier] = "140594832" THEN "030000600"
ELSEIF [Legal Entity] = "SMA" and [State] = "Georgia" AND [Unique Identifier] = "141190850" THEN "060000109"
ELSEIF [Legal Entity] = "SMA" and [State] = "Georgia" AND [Unique Identifier] = "141634892" THEN "082002700"
ELSEIF [Legal Entity] = "SMA" and [State] = "Georgia" AND [Unique Identifier] = "140270370" THEN "0140001000"
ELSEIF [Legal Entity] = "SMA" and [State] = "Georgia" AND [Unique Identifier] = "140274202" THEN "0140002900"

mrc
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks!! I get what you mean now. I will use the join tool and then the union tool to input the data back into the workflow.

thank you!!

Labels