Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula for selecting first row of table on each page in pdf

new_user
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Is there any rule/formula by which can we modify (for example apply font in red)  first row of table on each page in pdf?

In picture bellow I am looking for way to modify just  rows marked in red:

Capture.JPG

I am looking for way to do it dynamically (if I don't know how much page rows we have on each page).

Is there way to do it in Alteryx?

5 REPLIES 5
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @new_user,

Within the "Table" tool, you can create a row rule to apply a specific style if the condition is met. See image below...

image.png 

In your case, telling it to apply when the row # = 1 sounds just like what you're looking for!

Hope this helps!

Jimmy

new_user
7 - Meteor

Hi  @jrgo,

By using Row Rule, I can modify just first row of table.

I looking for way for selecting first row of table on each page of pdf (if we have one table on multiple pages in pdf)?

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@new_user,

Yes, you're right... that would only work on the first page; my apologies.

Here's another option... determine how many records are populating in each page before it breaks and create a formula that will output a value that would attribute the record identifying it as the first row.

image.png 

In my example, it was populating 64 records so my MOD expression shows MOD([RecordID], 64). The MOD of 65 (the 65th record) is 1, which is when it know it'll be the first record of the new page.

Depending on how many records you determine, you'll adjust this value in the expression. The workflow I attached has a separate Formula tool that shows you what the MOD function is outputting for reference.

Attached is the PDF output of this example and the workflow.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy

new_user
7 - Meteor

@jrgo, thank you for your reply!  Is there way to  do it dynamically (if we don't know how many rows we have on each page)?

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@new_user,

Glad to help!

Short answer, I don't believe so.

Bit longer answer... the Render is what splits up your table into pages and it does not have any option to apply additional formatting elements and requires that all formatting be done beforehand. As such, there's no dynamic way (that I can think of at least) to do so.

Only option that I can think of would be do do some additional pre-processing of your data so that it groups records which you can use as a "Group By" field in the Table tool.

Labels