Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula and Filter tools UI locked after NT login 2018.1

SW618
5 - Atom

I am running Alteryx Designer 2018.1.4.44311. One of the Gallery I connected to is in a different Windows domain then the one I log into so I will get the NTLM challenge prompt when starting designer or adding the Gallery from different domain. 

After the NTLM prompt appears, whether I enter the credential or not. the UI for the Filter and Formula tools will appear to be locked.

Formula tool: I cannot type in the Formula tool and none of the UI elements work (i.e. cannot select data type or change the size)

Filter tool: I cannot change the Basic / Custom filter radio button. Nothing happens if I click on it.

So, whenever the prompt below appears. The Formula and Filter tools become read-only. Cannot be changed as if the UI is locked. 

Capture.PNG

I don't have any issue with another gallery that is hosted in the same domain. The NTLM challenge prompt does not appear because it uses the same credential I logged into my laptop and the prompt is not needed.

Please help!! This is causing major usability with our user base!

3 REPLIES 3
MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @SW618,

Sorry to hear your user base is encountering this issue! This particular issue is one that development is aware of in the version you are currently using and has been resolved as of Alteryx Designer release 2018.2.4. You are correct in that it manifests itself when connected to a Gallery that displays an authentication prompt and the credential is cached in the Windows registry. Upgrading to at least 2018.2.4 should resolve this particular issue in your environment.

Please feel free to reach out to Alteryx Support as well if you have further questions on this!

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
SW618
5 - Atom

Hi @MikeSP,

Thanks for the quick response. Our servers are running on v2018.1, do we have to upgrade the server to v2018.2 to work with v2018.2.4 Designer?

Thanks again.

MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SW618,

That would be the recommended situation. You will generally want your Alteryx Server instance to be equal to or higher version than the clients, as workflows developed with newer versions of the clients may not run on an older Alteryx Server version due to workflow version listed in the XML as well as possible tool configuration or feature changes.

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
Labels