Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formula and Filter improvement, ZScore on many fields

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow where I am reviewing call center call records by disposition and creating Stdev and Z-scores to establish outliers for the call center. 
The workflow uses the 335 standardized call dispositions, creates an average and Std Dev (from the Summary tool). The I use formulas to calculate the Z-Score ( z = (x-μ)/σ ) and then followed up with a filter to pull only the top and bottom 98% (z-score above 2.00 and below 0.01)

The way I've done this is overly complicated and if we revise the bounds or have dispositions renamed, it will be rather a bother to constantly have to adjust. Looking for suggestions on how to improve this.

GoldenDesign04_0-1654695098723.png

GoldenDesign04_1-1654695212894.png

GoldenDesign04_2-1654695237348.png

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Is this something the Z score macro may help with? In terms of making things more dynamic/less of a hassle to deal with change:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Z-Score-Macro/td-p/476366

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look at it. But I don't think this will help as the macro seems to take in a single field for each variable(3). While I have 3 variables for each possible call distribution.Meaning I'd need to still have 30+ of these macro tools and if the names change, I'm still redirecting the macro.

Labels