Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula Tool not working in 2018.2.4.47804

marlline
8 - Asteroid

I cannot select + Add Column in my version of 2018.2.4.47804.

Please help!

16 REPLIES 16
Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

I have a.64 laptop. But I've discovered that Alteryx only behaves this way when I am connected to my company's VPN. If I am not on the VPN it's fine. 

cmfelton
6 - Meteoroid

I am still seeing this 2018.5. Is there something other than this temporary fix to move to the main monitor planned?

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Please contact customer support with the details (versions, monitors, etc.) of how you are experiencing this bug, so that we can address it. We recently resolved an issue with inconsistent response with clicking on the Formula tool. If there are remaining scenarios in which this issue is happening, we'll want to make sure we resolve those as well. 

Rachel Wynn
Product Manager - Designer
Jplace
5 - Atom

I cannot believe this is still an issue, I just spent an hour trying to figure out why the formula tool was not allowing me to change the select drop-down. Finally after searching through a couple of threads I found the answer here! All I had to do was move my Alteryx Window over to my Main Monitor. I was going crazy to figure it out!

Windows 10 Enterprise

Core i5-6300U

64-bit OS

16GB RAM

Monitors - Dual HP S231d Monitors connected through USB using displaylink manager software version 8.5.3595.0

Alteryx Designer x64

Version 2018.2.5.48994

fawaz03
5 - Atom

Having the same issue with Filter tool and Formula tool.

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Core i5-5300U

64-bit OS

8GB RAM

Monitors - Dual Dell P2014H Monitors connected through laptop docking station

Alteryx Admin Designer x64

Version 2018.2.5.48994

Running Non-Elevated

silviovilla
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am running on version 11.5.1.31573 and I have the same problem, but no workaround seems to be working.

kimbria7
8 - Asteroid

Having this exact issue on release 2019.3.5.17947

I've tried the following:

Deleting and recreating field

Closing file and deleting and recreating field

Labels