Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula Tool not working in 2018.2.4.47804

marlline
8 - Asteroid

I cannot select + Add Column in my version of 2018.2.4.47804.

Please help!

16 REPLIES 16
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@marlline

Can you please post a screenshot of the behavior you are seeing?

Thanks

DanM

marlline
8 - Asteroid

Formula Tool.JPG

I tried to click on "+" but nothing happened.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
This is the text that I received on report of this bug.

We have a defect created for the 2018.2 formula tool clicking issue and we have identified some workarounds. It appears the issue seems to happen when users have 2 monitors. Workarounds are listed below. I'll associate your case with the defect we have on file so I can keep you apprised of updates. In the meantime, if you have any questions please let me know.
work non-maximized
work on the other monitor
changing scaling on secondary monitor to 125%
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
marlline
8 - Asteroid

After I move to the main monitor, it worked!!

OMG

Please FIX that!!!

saiarunbandhakavi
6 - Meteoroid

I am using alteryx ver 2018.1.3.42973 and facing the same issue frequently and work around specified is also not working from me. Is this issue been rectified in the latest updates or is there any other work around on it.  

saiarunbandhakavi
6 - Meteoroid

I am using alteryx ver 2018.1.3.42973 and facing the same issue frequently and work around specified is also not working from me. Is this issue been rectified in the latest updates or is there any other work around on it.  

marlline
8 - Asteroid

This is a known defect recognized by Alteryx.

They say it usually happens to someone working with 2 screens.

Solutions:

1. Work only on the main screen

2. Don't show full screen when working on the 2nd.

So far both are working fine with me.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

Are there any other work arounds 2018.1 ? I don't have a second screen, only the laptop and I am experiencing a similar problem. I am able to select add a new column or select an existing problem only if I use the laptop touch screen, but then I can't type anything. If I disable the touch screen then nothing in the configuration window works.

My current workaround is to modify the XML code and enter my formulas manually, but this is incredibly time consuming.

sujana117
6 - Meteoroid

We faced this problem for people using a single monitor (with older 32 bit laptops) . They just hit the enter button to add column and that worked. 

Labels