Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula Tool Outputs 0 or -1

Asimkz
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I have a simple formula that take Sales Manager and replaces it with another Sales Manager based on a condition for example.  

The Column I am applying this formula to is [Sales Group]

If [Soldto#] = "205680" and [PH Group Species] = "Ruminants" Then [SalesGroup#] = "020" and [Sales Group] = "Bill Cotton" Elseif
[Soldto#] = "200000" Then [SalesGroup#] = "015" and [Sales Group] = "Mark Davids" Else [Sales Group] Endif

But in the output i am getting 0 or -1 instead of the replaced name.  Anyone know why this is happening?  Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If the formula is applied to the field [Sales Group] then the formula should be designed to only update that field. The following edits should make the expected updates to the [Sales Group] field. Updates to the [SalesGroup#] field will require a separate formula.

If [Soldto#] = "205680" and [PH Group Species] = "Ruminants" Then [SalesGroup#] = "020" and [Sales Group] = "Bill Cotton"

Elseif [Soldto#] = "200000" Then [SalesGroup#] = "015" and [Sales Group] = "Mark Davids"

Else [Sales Group] Endif

Asimkz
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you.  That worked

Labels