Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula Matching a +/- 5 days of Date

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hello --

I have some data like the line below. What I have done is JOINED on the GlobalTaxNumber and CompanyGlobalTaxNumber. The I  wrote a formula that tells me if the Dividend Paid Converted - Dividend Received Converted is less then the 5% of Dividend Column. Based on this alone I will get a MATCH or NO MATCH. The problem is that due to the volume of data there is a lot of duplicates that match (false positives).

The one piece that will help are the dates. Usually, there would be a match if the date and right_date are identical -- but that's not the way the business works. However, we can be confident that if the dates are within 5 days of each other -- we have a match.

I cannot figure out how to write a formula that would give me a match on the example below. As we can see 9/13/2017 is within 9/11/2017 -- so this should be a match. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

GlobalTaxNumberCompanyGlobalTaxNumberRight_GlobalTaxNumberRight_CompanyGlobalTaxNumberDateRight_DateDividend Paid ConvertedDividend Received ConvertedRight_Transaction Month5% of Dividend PaidDifference
RO992NL881NL881RO9929/11/20179/13/2017194710.7193726.79/13/20179735.534NO MATCH

Thanks,

Seth

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @smoskowitz 

The following formula gives you what you're looking for

abs(DateTimeDiff([date1],[date2],"days"))<=5

Result.png

However, the definition of "Within 5 days" is somewhat ambiguous, so you may have to change "<=5" to fit your requirements

Dan

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Brilliant! Thank you!

Labels