Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula (7) Parse Error at char(1): Unknown variable

Hassane
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I have this error that appears when I run as analytic application while when I run the workflow all results are good.

here is an image of what appears.

Thanking you in advance

Hassane_1-1624388174914.png

8 REPLIES 8
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Hassane ,

Can you share your workflow ?

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Hassane 

Without knowing the workflows and how the interface tools are set in the analytic app, it is difficult to exactly pinpoint the issue.

if i have to hazard a guess, since all the errors relate to missing variables, some possible places you can look into to debug:

1) does the analytic apps let user specify the input files? In that case check whether the input files do/ do not have the exact same column names as the baseline data that are referenced to when you run the workflows.

2) does the analytic app allows dynamic select a field? In that case, make sure that the dynamic field is passed in downstream tool (which may be referring to static preset field)

best if you can share the app so that we can spot the issues faster.

dawn 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Hassane 

A lot of the data files aren't present here, but like others have said, the errors are happening in the formula tools because the fields you are referencing do not exist when the tool tries to perform the formula. For the first error in Formula 217, I noticed a cross-tab tool before it. I assume 'Premium' is expected to be a column following the cross-tab, but is it possible in some scenarios no premium column is created? 

Hassane
5 - Atom

Hi @Luke_C 

A premium column is already created.
I get an error only when I run as analytic app.
here is a simplified extract of the problem:

premium= PREM_INC

Hassane_0-1624892427319.png

Hassane_2-1624892531444.png

Hassane_1-1624892484953.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Hassane Can you attach the simplified file? I can't tell what configurations are used in each of the tools to reproduce.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Hassane 

I think the issue lies in your Drop Down configuration. It works fine for 2020 but not for 2019. It looks like you have some extra info in there. After removing it and just leaving 2019 it works fine.

Luke_C_0-1624893351138.png

Hassane
5 - Atom

thank you very much @Luke_C 
It works very well !

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Great! please accept the solution if you're all set.

Labels