Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formatting table

TS-User
7 - Meteor

Hi, I need to separate my rows with a line, e.g. to show the totals.

Any ideas if there is a way in Alteryx to do this?

8 REPLIES 8
kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @TS-User

Are you trying to do this with the reporting tools?

Kat

TS-User
7 - Meteor

Yes, I cannot find an option to enter a line between rows like you would do in Excel.

kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @TS-User

You need to create a row level rule on your data and then use a formula to create a border (in the table tool).

here is an example. Use the formula to filter on a field that will identify your total row.

border.PNG

Hope this helps!

TS-User
7 - Meteor

unfortunately it stil doesn't show a line...

kat
12 - Quasar
Perhaps you can send me some sample data similar to your actual and I can do it for you?
TS-User
7 - Meteor

Hi Kat,

thanks for you help. I did manage to create a border. However, I just need a line, or an upper border.

Is there any command for the formula fo this?

I am attaching unformatted and formatted data.

Thanks a lot!

kat
12 - Quasar

@TS-User, attached is an example of how you could do this. You need to change the default table settings to show borders per row and then make these white (i.e. hide them). You then only create you border with the formula which will show up. If you don't want a border around your table you can change this in the default table settings under table as well.

Border.PNG

TS-User
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot! this worked great

Labels