Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formatting of date

Belletmns
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I need to format below dates to "dd-mm-yyyy" (example in should be column). When using datetimetool I'm having error that the date in the below is not in valid format.

Belletmns_0-1600166188505.png

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Belletmns , try this.

Formula

DatetimeFOrmat(DateTimeParse(Date,"%m/%d/%Y"),"%d-%m-%Y")

grazitti_sapna_0-1600167059689.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Himanshu_1984
8 - Asteroid

you can use the datetime formatting option in formula tool  "DateTimeFormat([DateTime_Out], "%d-%m-%Y")" but it will be in a string format only because Alteryx's default date format is "YYYY-MM-DD"

Regards,

Himanshu

ttiverson98
5 - Atom

I have the following data and need it to be read as a date.  I changed the Value Date to "date" under type, but it still comes up as Null.

Thanks, Todd

ttiverson98_0-1619528908633.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @ttiverson98 

You can use the DateTime or formula tool to convert it to a date. Alteryx only reads dates in yyyy-mm-dd format, simply updating the data type won't work because your data is not in the correct format. See attached, both tools are essentially doing the same thing, creating a date field by telling alteryx the data is structured as %Y%m%d.

More info on date functions: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/datetime-functions

Luke_C_0-1619529532638.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ttiverson98,

You need to tell Alteryx how to read this date. I have prepared a workflow for you!

ttiverson98
5 - Atom

Thank You, works perfectly.

Labels