Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formatting in Alteryx

HafeezA
7 - Meteor

Hello, I have 3 separate sum tools with the data below and I want to stack them for presentation purposes not union them. How can I do that.

3 inputs look like: 

HafeezA_0-1631822002807.png

Desired Output and format: 

HafeezA_1-1631822039992.png

5 REPLIES 5
iCFO
9 - Comet

There are 2 ways that I do it. You can keep everything as a single combined table and generate blank rows between them based on conditions, or you can split them into separate report tables, union the tables and space between them. If you have a hard time figuring it out then upload a workflow with some dummy data and I will help.

HafeezA
7 - Meteor

How do you generate blank rows?

iCFO
9 - Comet

Here is a combo of tools that you can use to generate blank rows. In this instance the rule is set to generate a blank row between different account types based on the needs of a workflow that I had open. You will need to dial in the formula rules in the first Multi-Row Formula Tool to fit the specific needs of your structure.

Upload a sample workflow that matches your needs and fields if you run into trouble.

iCFO
9 - Comet

Just checking in to see if you were able to adjust the formula and generate the blank rows as needed in your workflow.

mst3k
11 - Bolide

how do you want to output/display the data?

you could use a few reporting tools to do what you want. make a table for each dataset and stack them them for reporting. this will still involve a union tool, because that's how alteryx thinks, but you can just union it for the report output and leave them separate in the rest of your workflow if you want. note that this relies on some field indicating which set each one belongs to - you could use a field already in the data, add a dummy field, use record ID or tile, plenty of ways to do that, but for this example i just made the dummy column "Dataset" for it to key off of

mst3k_0-1632123466452.png

Labels