Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formatting for Excel and emailing multiple emails

RichD
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have been searching around the forum, but haven't found a post on what i am trying to do..... perhaps i am searching the wrong keywords...?

My main question is related to formatting outputs for Excel.  But once I have all my outputs, email each report to the respective manager who needs it.  I want Alteryx to generate a report for each manager and then write each of those out in a specific Excel format (column widths, colors, headers), to a specific file location with a specific name so I can use the naming convention to automate the email. 

I have played with the reporting tools (basic report, layout, render, etc...) and I cannot figure out the proper combination and configuration of these tools to:  group data by manager, create a report for that manager, write it out in a specific Excel format and write it to a location with the correct naming convention to generate the emails.

For reference I had previously accomplished the task with this workflow (sends a CSV to each manager), but the managers want/need the file formatted so it is easy to read.... that is my real question.... How can I accomplish the same thing, but have the attachment a formatted excel file.

Workflow saves file based on manager name, then identifies all managers and their email and looks for that name in the location where the file was saved.

RichD_0-1588781725125.png

Can someone help me figure out how to do this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
RichD
7 - Meteor

Thank you Dan!

I did some more searching and eventually found the solution.

Labels