Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formatting for Currency

jb
7 - Meteor

What's the best formatting to use when you're inputting dollar amounts? I have tried Int 64, Double and Fixed Decimal but keep getting warnings that some of the data is being cut off/ lost because the decimals go out too far. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Integers wouldn't be my first choice.  Double is a safe bet.  If your decimals are going out too far, you probably have mathematic operations that are creating the precision issue.  I don't like having to ignore warnings, but if you're getting them and you've reviewed your workflow then ignorance is bliss.

"you always double down on 11"

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi jb,

You can adjust the fixed decimal length, I beleive the default in 19.6 but you can change the value after the period to a larger value. 

However, if you are going to add the $ sign then it will change it to a V_String, so maybe having the dollar amount as V_String to start off with will be best, as the string length is usually 256 so therefore it will not cut off any of the decimal points.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Client Service Support Representative 

Labels