Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formatting Data Table

Shan_Drex12
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I have 2 data table:

The first one is a list of data that I want to transform into the format of the second, the data doesn't have the same columns as the second data. Bu

Importer Product IDProduct DescriptionCountry Of Origin
D-1221-23Car removalNM
D-1221-89Latex glovesNM
10438509sound system 

Here is the second data table in which I want it in this format below:

ORG_CODEPROD_DESCRIPTIONPROD_ID

Key Aspects:

ORG_CODE = Country of Origin

PROD_DESCRIPTION = Product Description

PROD_ID = Importer Product ID 

4 REPLIES 4
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Shan_Drex12 ,

You can achieve what you are after by using a select tool

AngelosPachis_0-1611849155410.png

That tool will allow you to rename some columns and change the order they appear in your table by using the arrows at the top left hand side of your screen

Hi @Shan_Drex12 

If I get your question correctly, you can use the "Select" building block to rename the columns, change order and get rid of any additional column you don't need. Hope this helps.

Shan_Drex12
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @AngelosPachis  & @christine_assaad 

But, I have two separate input data files, and I want the 1st data sheet to be placed in the 2nd data sheet in the corresponding columns. Wouldn't I need to  join them or use the 'fiind & replace' field. I'm not sure

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Shan_Drex12 ,

What would be the reason for you to use the second file? Since it acts as a template and there are no values in there. I believe that with the select tool you can achieve the same output, without having to complicate things.

To demo that, I have prepared a workflow that uses that second table and also uses a join to create that table. It's quite more complicated as you can see, but it works

AngelosPachis_0-1611850122038.png

Labels